Visa interview is an important step prior to the final confirmation of student visa approval for most countries including Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, UK and USA. Your interview could speed up or delay your visa processing. Visa processing is based upon interview. Thus, it is necessary to prepare yourself for difficult questions of the visa officer.
The interview is taken by the ambassador or visa officer who may ask you a range of questions mainly to ensure that your application case is genuine and your intentions align with what is being written in the application form. The officer is a trained professional, who could ask multiple unrelated questions, not to annoy you but to know your real interests and objectives. If you are prepared, you can enjoy this process and meeting with someone who opens the door of a new country for you.
A Few Visa Interview Tips :
- Be courteous, friendly and polite throughout the interview.
- Be confident during interview. Don’t show nervousness during interview.
- Give brief and clear answers. If not sure, then you can ask the question again. Be thoughtful in your answers.
- Be ready for any strange questions and don’t get nervous when you have them. They are meant to test your intentions, skills or IQ.
- Answers of all questions should be clear and brief. In some cases, rather giving wrong answer ask question again.
- Prepare yourself for any kind of question as they are there to test your skills.
Who Should Attend?
Any student appearing for a visa interview or a competitive exam where interview is the condition for admission.