We are all experienced negotiators, and we face challenging and complex problems of persuasion and influence on a daily basis. We buy and sell, manage workers and work for managers, deal with friends, family, colleagues, merchants, organisations, and institutions all the time. Successful negotiation requires agreement and collaboration with other people. Since other stakeholders do not often have the same interests, perceptions and values as the negotiator does, skill is needed, professionally and personally.
The Negotiation Skills Training conducted by The English Lingua helps participants understand how the principals behind negotiating and enable them to develop a personal negotiation style.
The following are the key learnings of the program:
- Understanding Types of Negotiation
- Understand the elements of persuasion that lead to a successful negotiation
- Seeing Other Points of View
- Reading Other People
- Defining Your Negotiation Style
- Working with Your Own Negotiation ‘Rules’ and Beliefs
- Playing the ‘Game’ of Negotiation
- Knowing Your Bottom Line
- Knowing What to Give Away
- Making Decisions
- Closing The Deal
- Read the other party’s needs