Nowadays all competition exams including IBPS Bank Exam SBI PO/ Clerk exams have one subject in common; Test of English Language. Whether we like it or not, English has gained a strong presence in India with everyone speaking a bit of it. So banking govt. organizations are also looking for candidates to possess a basic level of english to communicate with their customers.
We are getting many emails from bank & ssc exam aspirants asking us on how to prepare for English test. Here is our answer to them : It is not a language that can be learnt in a day or two have to be practiced over a certain period of time, But from the exams point of view, we have listed the important topics in English to concentrate while preparing for the banking exams.
Topics to Cover English for Bank & SSC Course:
The below list is not definitive but concentrating on these chapters will help you to attend at least 90% of the paper.
- Reading Comprehension : (answer based on the given passage) Questions would not be direct hence have to understand the passage to answer.
- Usage of words : Fill in the blanks with a correct word from the choices
- Synonyms Antonyms : A phrase may be given asking you to choose a single word similar or opposite in meaning.
- Tenses : (past, present, future their variations) example : gave, give, giving, had given, have been giving
- Sentence formation : complete the sentence by selecting the best words from options
- Error spotting : (finding grammatical errors in a sentence)
- Ordering : (random sentences to be arranged in a sequential manner)
- Preposition : (above, down, under, between, till etc.,)
- Conjunctions : (and, but, or, yet, although, since etc.)
- Cloze Test: Choose the correct meaningful word according to the passage complete the sentence. The above were compiled by referring previous bank govt exams conducted by various different organizations.